Accounting Senior Manager Role at Valor:
Lead, Innovate, and Excel in Oil & Gas Accounting
Are you a seasoned accounting professional with a passion for the energy sector? Valor invites you to step into the role of Accounting Senior Manager, a pivotal position in our award-winning team based in Fort Worth, Texas. As a recognized leader in oil and gas accounting and mineral management, Valor has consistently been honored with accolades for our commitment to excellence and innovation. Our vibrant culture fosters growth, mentorship, and collaboration, making it the perfect environment for professionals seeking to make a significant impact. In this role, you'll not only oversee intricate accounting processes but also shape the future of our accounting department, ensuring precision, efficiency, and unparalleled service to our esteemed clients. Join us and be a part of a legacy that champions integrity, expertise, and the relentless pursuit of perfection in the dynamic world of oil and gas.
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
- Lead the accounting department, providing mentorship to ensure high performance and professional growth.
- Oversee the meticulous review of monthly client revenue and expenses, guaranteeing accuracy and completeness.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of revenue and expenses, identifying fluctuations, discrepancies, and ensuring precision in NRI & WI calculations, considering factors like new wells activation and missing checks.
- Offer expert guidance on intricate oil & gas accounting matters, including taxation, deductions, and related issues.
- Manage the annual processing of 1099 forms and the reporting of property taxes.
- Administer EnergyLink data and establish CDEX formats for streamlined data management.
- Supervise the onboarding process for new clients, ensuring a seamless transition and adherence to best practices.
- Develop and refine robust processes that guarantee accurate and comprehensive accounting and reporting for the entire client portfolio.
- Prepare and validate various account reconciliations, encompassing revenue, royalties, expenses, and receivables.
- Lead the month-end closure and reconciliations, including managing bank accounts, statements, invoices, and client-specific journal entries/general ledger.
- Oversee the efficient processing and distribution of royalty revenue checks to clients as required.
- Strong understanding of oil & gas accounting principles and regulations.
- Ability to meet established monthly close deadlines and clearly communicate unexpected issues.
- Experience in managing client portfolios and can respond to inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Communicate effectively with ownership, management, and accounting team members.
- Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Multi-task and transition seamlessly between clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and oil & gas accounting software.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in accounting and financial reporting in the oil and gas industry.
- CPA required.